31st Annual Lahr Native Plant Symposium: Native Plants Enrich Our Communities
Saturday, March 25, 2017, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Designing innovative landscapes, protecting habitat, and understanding social and environmental connections are essential to building strong communities.
Learn from leading ecologists, landscape designers, plant and wildlife experts as they show how their work helps create sustainable neighborhoods. Use their approaches to inform your own
- Learning from The High Line
- Patrick Cullina
- Horticulturist & Landscape Designer, PATRICK CULLINA Horticultural Design & Consulting
- Understanding the Web of Urban Ecology
- Steward T.A. Pickett, PhD
- Director Emeritus, Baltimore Ecosystem Study
- Knowing Your Local Habitats: The Gems of Metro DC
- Rod Simmons
- Natural Resource Manager & Plant Ecologist, City of Alexandria
- Running a City Native Plant Nursery
- Darin Crew, Senior Manager, Blue Water Baltimore
- Designing with Natives in the Mix
- Nancy Lowry Moitrier, Landscape Designer, Greener Gardens
- Connecting with DC Wildlife: Where & Why
- Damien Ossi, Wildlife Biologist, DC Dept. of Energy & Environment
For more information and registration details, please go to: www.usna.usda.gov/Education/events or call 202-245-4523.
Registration: $95 ($75 FONA members)
FONA Native Plant Sale
FONA will hosts a Native Plant Sale in conjunction with the Arboretum’s annual Lahr Symposium on Native Plants. No registration required for the plant sale.